Tales from Whisper Valley : of cats, skipped meals, unwashed laundry and such...

holler here...


on the blog

do things


add to Favourites!
edit this blog
check comments

Xobni outlook add-in for your inbox

archive

October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 August 2004


stuff


Hindsight
       -Guy Kawasaki

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.
        -Bertrand Russell

Wear sunscreen
       -Mary Schmich

Man was given an imagination to compensate for what he isn't; a sense of humour to console him for what he is.
        - Francis Bacon

Leisure
       -W.H. Davies

Not all those that wander are lost.
       -J.R.R. Tolkein

Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think.
       -Jean de La Bruyère

The average person thinks he isn't.
       -Father Larry Lorenzoni

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.
       -Pablo Picasso

Become who you are.
       -Nietzshe

Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you.
       -Frank Tyger

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
       -Anon









muse


food for both the mind and stomach...
I now have so many unread books lying around the house that I don't know which to start on next! I've successfully procrastinated for a while - pretended to make a start, by reading two pages each from four books - but I'm pretty much still where I started!

Read an interesting article on why bookshops will die. I buy about half my books online, and another half at bookshops. I buy books I know I want to buy online. I enter bookshops to browse, lounge, flip through books and often surprise myself by what I end up picking up! With the way online sites are adding new features, brick and mortar bookshops need to do a lot to keep pulling the crowds in.

I think I will start on Execution : The discipline of getting things done - a recent gift from the corporate honchos at work.

I've found a new hole-in-the-wall near home that caters to the local populace with ten rupee thalis, and sixteen rupee "chicken rice". Most people at my workplace wouldn't be caught dead eating there, but I'm crazy enough to have taken a liking to it - when I'm too lazy to do anything proper about a meal (and not lazy enough to eat a pack of Frito Lays). They're very nice to me - probably because I'm the only visitor who uses four wheels to get there!

Come November, Hyderabad is full of stalls springing up to serve haleem - a delicious muslim speciality, served primarily during Ramzan. Will go try some stalls - ideally in the older city; should be safer than our adventures finding it "off-season"...
8:39 AM Sunday, November 02, 2003

...